Since their launch in 2017, the Global Regulatory Awards hosted by key provider of regulatory intelligence across the global gambling industry, VIXIO GamblingCompliance, have become the biggest of their kind, recognizing and celebrating individuals and teams that work tirelessly to set new standards in the compliance and responsible gambling industry. The award winners are decided by an independent panel of expert judges, ensuring equality and transparency. The sixth-annual Global Regulatory Awards ceremony is set to take place on November 30th, 2022, at De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms, London, UK.
This year’s shortlist (with the introduction of new categories) showcases a host of progressive businesses, all of which have demonstrated resilience in a recovering global economy and their ability to adapt to an increasingly complex regulatory environment, innovate and embrace responsible gambling.
Some relevant companies being considered in the shortlist for these 20 categories are Pariplay, Altenar, Estoril Sol Digital and Clarion Gaming. Lawrence Hanlin (Pariplay) is competing in the Compliance Professional of the Year category, while Marina Zacharopoulou (Altenar) will try to obtain the Compliance Rising Star Special Award. Estoril Sol Digital (Portugal) has their teams selected for different categories: its AML Team for AML / MLR Officer of the Year; its Legal Team for Outstanding Contribution to Sports Betting Integrity, and the company was also one of the six firms with possibilities to win the Outstanding Contribution to Sports Betting Integrity prize.
Among organizers and entities, Clarion Gaming received two nominations: Compliance Innovator or Innovation of the Year and Responsible Approach to Advertising or Marketing Award for its Consumer Protection Zone. For their part, National Indian Gaming Commission was shortlisted under three classifications: Regulatory Initiative of the Year, Compliance Professional of the Year (Dustin Thomas), and Outstanding Contribution to Sports Betting Integrity (Michael Hoenig). Tribal gaming was also recognized with two possible distinctions for the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission: Compliance Team of the Year and Regulatory Initiative of the Year.
Operators with the most number of nominations are Flutter Entertainment and Entain Group, with 7. 888, Betway Group and DraftKings, among others, were also selected. Here’s the full list of nominees:
1) AML / MLR Officer of the Year: AML Team, Estoril Sol Digital; AML Team, iSoftBet; Antonio Arrotino, SKS365; Cristofer Rybner, Coolbet; Laura Kolens-Matley, Flutter Entertainment; Lenny Reddy, Sun International
2) Award for Commitment to Compliance by an Affiliate Company: Better Collective; Bojoko; Catena Media; Gambling.com Group; GiG Media; Little Star Media
3) Award for outstanding contribution to Safer Gambling: 888; Admiral Casino; Bally’s Interactive; Casino Guru; DraftKings; Flutter Entertainment; Genting Casinos; Kindred Group; Merkur Group; Safer Gambling Training: YGAM and Betknowmore UK
4) Award for Outstanding Individual Contribution to Responsible Gambling: Cristofer Rybner, Coolbet; Fisayo Oke, Gamble Alert; Lisa Beuschau, LINA Research Foundation; Martin Lycka, Entain Group; Pieter Remmers, Assissa; Sophie Platts, Entain Group
5) Best Regulatory Law Firm of the Year: Bird & Bird; CMS; GTG Advocates; Herzog Fox & Ne’eman; Ifrah Law; Kalff Katz & Franssen
6) Best Regulatory Lawyer of the Year: Behnam Dayanim, Paul Hastings LLP; Cosmina Maria Simion, Simion & Baciu; John Kyriakides and John Broupis, Kyriakides Georgopoulos Law Firm; Joseph Webster, Hobbs, Straus, Dean & Walker LLP; Marek Plota, RM Legal / Gaming In Poland; Sarah Maile, Kambi
7) Chief Compliance Officer of the Year: Alex Henderson, GIMO; Ashley Padgett, Flutter Entertainment; Christine Gallo, Gaming Laboratories International; David Webb, BetConstruct; Ewout Wierda, Videoslots; Kimberley Broad, Games Global; Mark Halstead, iSoftBet; Mike Fries, Light & Wonder; Yurii Shevchuk, Parimatch Tech; Zeljka Perkovic, Huddle Tech
8) Compliance Innovator or Innovation of the Year: Compliable; Consumer Protection Zone, Clarion Gaming; Docaposte; Entain Group; GiG Comply; Kambi; LINA Research Foundation; OneComply; SmartSearch; USAbility Digital
9) Compliance Lifetime Achievement Special Award: not announced yet
10) Compliance Professional of the Year: Chris Masino, IGT; David Webb, BetConstruct; Dustin Hawkes, Playtech; Dustin Thomas, National Indian Gaming Commission; Lawrence Hanlin, Pariplay; Mark Halstead, iSoftBet; Mike Robbins, Gaming Laboratories International; Sara Condo, IGT; Sean Carroll, USAbility Digital; Victoria Fernandes, Kambi
11) Compliance Rising Star Special Award: Aaron Green, Light & Wonder; Beth Jones, Genting Casinos; Eva Heringova, Fortuna Entertainment Group; Jacqueline Vokoun, Palms Casino; Lisa Beuschau, LINA Research Foundation; Maria Cobos, USAbility Digital; Marina Zacharopoulou, Altenar; Mikel Osoro, Authentic Gaming
12) Compliance Team of the Year: Amusnet Interactive; Better Collective; Flutter Entertainment; Merkur Group; iSoftBet; NetBet Enterprises; Pretty Technical; San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission; Videoslots; Zeal Network
13) Head of Regulatory Affairs / Government Relations of the Year: Charmaine Hogan, Playtech; Daniel Lobo Guerrero, Sportradar; David Foster, Entain Group; Howard Glaser, Light & Wonder; Kevin Mullally, Gaming Laboratories International; Malcolm Fleming, People’s Postcode Lottery; Martin Lycka, Entain Group; Silvia Paleari, IBIA
14) Outstanding Contribution to Sports Betting Integrity:, Estoril Sol Digital; Legal Team, Flutter Entertainment; Legal Team, Kambi; Legal Team, Paysafe Group; Legal Team, Video Slots; Legal Team, William Hill; Michael Hoenig, National Indian Gaming Commission
15) Outstanding Contribution to Sports Betting Integrity: Betway Group; DraftKings; Entain Group; Estoril Sol Digital; Flutter Entertainment; VBet
16) Payment Service or Solution Provider of the Year: GBG; Ilixium; Nuvei; OKTO; Paramount Commerce; Passport Technology; Paysafe Group; Worldpay from FIS
17) Regtech Provider of the Year: ArdentSky LLC; Compliable; Department of Trust; Focal Research Consultants Limited; GeoComply; IDnow; Mindway AI; Synalogik; Veriff; W2
18) Regulatory Initiative of the Year: Cyprus Gaming & Casino Supervision Commission; Fortuna Entertainment Group; German Sports Betting Association; National Indian Gaming Commission; San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission; Sightline Payments
19) Responsible Approach to Advertising or Marketing Award: Bojoko; Consumer Protection Zone, Clarion Gaming; Flutter Entertainment; Bally’s Interactive; Little Star Media
20) Responsible Gambling Service or Solution Provider of the Year: EPIC Risk Management; Focal Research Consultants; Fortuna Entertainment Group; Gamban; GeoComply; Gordon Moody; IGT; Mindway AI; Scientific Games; Safer Gambling Training: YGAM and Betknowmore UK