Although it was not full, the international gambling trade shows agenda in 2021 represented a space of fresh air and renewal, an incentive to recover the tradition of face-to-face meetings and resume sales. Despite dealing with travel issues and variants of the pandemic, executives were enthusiastic about these possibilities of resuming, little by little, the intense pace of events prior to COVID-19.
Of course, there were also virtual fairs, and the hybrid modality will be here to stay. But it was proven that nothing replaces the in-person experience. That is why G&M News developed content around the main shows of the gaming industry last year. We offer them here to our readers.
1) NIGA showed the strength of U.S. tribal gaming. After starting on July 19th, the Indian Gaming Tradeshow & Convention ended today at the Caesars Forum Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, with great success. Along the way, there were excellent conferences, surprising products and the certainty of the importance of face-to-face meetings for business and networking. The gathering spread a sense of optimism and focused on economic resurgence, after difficult pandemic era.
2) Recovery and sports betting, issues discussed at successful 2021 OIGA trade show. For the first time, due to necessary health safety measures, the event took place in only one building, the Oklahoma City Convention Center. Nearly 3,000 vendors, visitors and guest speakers participated, and shared an optimistic point of view in relation to the future of the strong local tribal gaming community.
3) Two valuable days of learning at 2021 SiGMA Americas virtual summit. Covering the entire region, from Canada to Argentina, the online event organized by the SiGMA Group was very important to understand the dynamics of the different territories from the word of qualified speakers. In addition, the thousands of visitors to the platform were able to see cutting-edge products from exhibitors and have opportunities to relax through networking with colleagues.
4) With an impeccable organization, the industry supported G2E Las Vegas. Beyond the numbers, the gaming sector showed its strength and resilience after a year and a half without fairs in the United States. It was a 21st special edition, which evidenced the great joint work between RX and AGA.
5) SiGMA Europe 2021 will be the epicenter for innovation, business and networking. For the first time ever, from November 15th to 19th at the Malta Fairs and Conventions Center (MFCC) in Ta’ Qali, Malta, organizer SiGMA Group will bring its four leading shows together: the gaming conference, Affiliate Grand Slam, AI and Blockchain Summit and Med-Tech World.